Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Twelve

January 12


Today was a rough day. Mackenzie cried off and on most of the morning. She threw a fit in Target, kept climbing out of the cart and running away. At one point I left Emma and my purse in the cart in the shoe section and chased after her in my socks past the kids clothing and caught her in the rubbermaid storage section. I was in work-out clothes with sweaty hair and a red face and my big clumpy boots on. Emma had a fruit punch mustache and icing on her face and Mackenzie had icing on her face, in her hair plus tears and snot on her face. The target trip ended with me opening a bag of M&Ms in the checkout line to keep them quiet while we waited. (Because of course there was only one register open with 11 people in line.) I'm not above bribery and it ranked up there in my Top Five Worst Public Outings With My Children. Sigh...the whole day was a struggle. Some days are just like that with my two-year-old. Michael always jokes that sometimes we don't know if we should spank her or hug her. Or both. I always say it's a good thing she's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment